1) It's not raining
2) There is the promise of a cafe at the end of the walk
Here are some of the (slightly weird) things me and my family do to ensure a good time...
1) Wear an appropriate pair of shoes I.e a pair you don't mind getting wet.
No matter how old there is something so freeing about being able to walk straight through a giant puddle rather make tremendous effort to doge round it.
|Me and a good friend, dressed horrendously but appropriately.|
2) Take scenic pictures
Instagram it yada yada yada
|This is one of my favourite places|
3) Find a natural feature and get creative
|Kung foo style is always a winner and guaranteed fun|
4) Bringing a bunch of your friends along always lifts the mood
|Like little ants|
5) Do it the "ol' fashioned way"
Bring along a map, a compass and a first aid kit/whistle for when you get lost. Chose a random place to aim for on the map, then WALK
6) Have a good sing song (Note: recommended playlist: Disney)
Sometimes it can just be too quiet, release your inner Mulan
7) Find some ruins and imagine its history
|Ancient church or ancient pizza place?|